Commercial Electricians in Edmonton
If you own a business in town, it's inevitable that you'll need electrical work done eventually. From blown fuses to the installation of new lighting systems, commercial electrical work is a necessary part of business ownership for many. Whether you're hoping to have your space assessed for current and future problems, or there is an immediate issue that needs resolving, it always pays to go with a trusted company that has a solid track record of providing high quality work, like TLS Electrical Contracting Services.
Reasons to Hire a Commercial Electrician for your Edmonton Business
A commercial electrician from TLS Electrical Contracting Services in Edmonton will help you maintain a safe working environment for your employees and customers.
- • A commercial electrician can provide an overall assessment of the current electrical issues.
- • Using the latest tools and technology an exact diagnosis of areas that need to be repaired will be outlined.
- • From restaurants to retail outlets, a commercial electrician understands the electric needs of the industry.
- • Performs and installs the electrical work right the first time, which keeps your business running in a smooth manner without delays.
- • Follows zoning ordinances and obtains the proper permits required by your specific industry and location.
- • Has experience working with inspectors to reach the necessary approvals for your specific area.
How a Commercial Electrician Will Help Your Business:
- • A commercial electrician will help your Edmonton business avoid any potential dangers which may create fires or unsafe working conditions. If not addressed, the dangers can lead to major legal problems in the future. By investing in your business, you will be preventing issues from coming up down the road.
- • Provide necessary improvements and updates to the current electrical system. The upgrades may be as simple as replacing an outlet or as complex as rewiring the entire business, but our team will tackle it with efficiency and professionalism no matter how big or small the changes are.
- • The commercial electrician will upgrade the necessary safety and security features needed for your industry. Installation of new ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) around water usage to new security lights, the upgrades will improve the safety of your business.
- • Installation of energy saving features. Old buildings may lose money due to less efficient equipment. Updating may help you save energy, decrease expenses and promote environmental well-being.
When an experienced electrician makes the smallest improvement to the existing electrical system, the changes create a more efficient line of use. The result will be a lowered utility bill, and an electrical system that functions smoothly day in and day out. In Edmonton, a commercial electrician from TLS Electrical Contracting Services can help you with all the changes needed to maintain a high efficiency, safety electrical system.
Signs of Electrical Issues
It is always best to see the early warning signs of an electrical repair both to prevent potential hazards and to have lower repair costs. At TLS Electrical Contracting Services, we recommend the business owners of Edmonton keep an eye out for:
Flickering lights: most of the time a flickering bulb is due to the light itself. Check to see if it is screwed in properly and also try a replacement bulb. If the flickering persists, then it is probably a loose wire or a bad connection. These should be inspected by a professional as soon as possible as there may be an exposed wire, which is a potential fire hazard.
Burning smells: it can be scary to walk into a room and notice a burning smell with no identifiable source, and with good reason. If the burning smell is acrid then it is a high chance that it is an electrical wire. The first thing to do is close all the lights and turn off any electrical appliances. Contact a professional to come and inspect the situation to ensure your safety. Just in case, we recommend having a fire extinguisher close at hand and keeping an eye on the room in question while you wait for the commercial electrical technician to arrive at your Edmonton business.
Burn marks around electrical sockets: if you see black, brown or grey marks around a socket, or discoloration, it should be taken seriously. There are many reasons for an outlet to have burn marks and none of them are good. Wires that should be safely separated behind the wall may be coming into contact with each other, causing electricity to 'arch'. The circuit itself could be overloading or the outlet could just be old and worn out. Lastly, there could be a heavy buildup of dust or some form of corrosion happening inside the socket itself.
Breakers that flip often: This is something that we see a great deal from our customers in Edmonton. If your breakers are flipping often so that you have to go turn them back on, it is because of an overload in the system. It could be because there are too many appliances on one circuit but there is also the potential for faulty wiring that overheats, causing the breaker to flip as a protective measure.
Fuse box: If the box that distributes power throughout your Edmonton establishment contains fuses, then you should have it inspected. The reason for this is that many fuse boxes today are an outdated form of electrical technology that is not well suited to take on today's modern life style. It is possible that a fuse box may suit your needs but it is always good to keep in mind that as technology advances, your business will require a system that can provide the power you will need in the future. We will gladly, have a look at your system, discuss your future plans, and provide you with accurate assessment of the current electrical capabilities of your business.
Contact TLS Electrical Contracting Services Today
To learn more about why we're the best choice in town for any commercial electrical work, get in touch with us today. For projects big and small, you can trust us to get the job done right, the first time around. Give us a call!